Thursday, January 28, 2010

Use What I Have-- Thursday Challenge-- Old Man Sweater Turned Newborn Cocoon


Like most crafters I know I have WAY, WAY too many projects unfinished. Even more than unfinished projects however, are supplies I have purchased and either never used or are leftover from my unfinished projects.

Then, inevitably, I come up with an idea and that idea requires more craft supplies. It's ridonkulous, really. So my new challenge for myself is to use what I have.

I figured that many of you have old man sweaters laying around and also need newborn photo props. (Ok, could just be me too.)

I was saving these really nice Woolrich sweaters that were handed down to me from my dad to make sweater dresses out of for the girls. My dad is the ultimate sportsman...

What I did:

1. I cut off the sleeve. I made sure not to cut the seam at all, my cut is along the body of the sweater. I then stretched open the seam between the sleeve and body to expose the yarn holding that seam together.

Using sharp scissors, I very carefully unpicked that seam. The result is a finished sleeve edge that won't unravel.

































2. I tied a knot and pushed it down to the very bottom of the sleeve. And I put the baby in it.

Grandpa's sweater... grandma's quilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment